Students are examined in a variety of ways including formal exams, controlled assessment, practical exams, coursework, and oral exams.
We hope that the information provided below can answer all of your queries about examinations at Winterbourne Academy. However, if you have a query regarding exams that isn't explained below, please do not hesitate to contact the Exams Team:
Telephone: 01454 822156 / 822104 or contact main reception on 01454 252000
Please view our NEWS page for the latest updates on January 2021 and summer 2021 exams
Results Days - Autumn Season
Results day A Levels – Thursday 17th December 2020
Results day GCSE (Maths and English) - Thursday 14th January 2021
Results day GCSE (not Maths and English) - Thursday 11th February 2021
Post Results Appeals
- The Appeals Policy is available by clicking HERE
- The Appeals form that you need to complete and return is available by clicking HERE
- Please return completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
POST RESULTS DEADLINES - AUTUMN 2020 SEASON
- Priority access to scripts
- A Level: Wednesday 13th January 2021
- GCSE (Maths and English): Wednesday 27th January 2021
- GCSE (not Maths and English): Wednesday 24th February 2021
- Enquiries about results and non-priority access to scripts
- A Level: Wednesday 3rd February 2021
- GCSE (Maths and English): Wednesday 17th February 2021
- GCSE (not Maths and English): Wednesday 17th March 2021
Collecting Exam Certificates
- Certification Collection Events will be arranged for Year 11 & Year 13 Class of 2019-2020 in January 2021. Please check the website for details and we will be emailing all students to invite them to these events, please be aware that the certificates will not be available for collection before this date.
- Adhoc Collection of Certificates will take place at various time during the year, please check the website for details. You will need to make a booking with the Exams Office prior to collecting certificates, please do not ask for certificates unless you have made a booking.
- What you need to bring – for both events, if you are collecting your certificate in person, you will need to bring a form of photographic identification. If someone is collecting the certificates on your behalf, they will need to bring a letter from you giving them permission to collect the certificates and their own photographic identification.
- Retention of Certificates, the JCQ have advised that the schools do not have to keep certificates for more than 12 months from date of issue. After this point certificates can be destroyed.
- Replacement of Certificates, the school will not replace lost certificates. In these cases, please contact the relevant Awarding Body – AQA, Pearson/Edexcel, OCR or WJEC. Currently the cost of one certificate is approximately £50, so please store them in a secure place. You will need them for college, university and job applications.
2020/2021 Key Exam Dates
GCSE MOCK EXAMINATION ARRANGEMENTS (9th - 20th November 2020)
- Outstanding Year 11 Mock Exam dates:
History - AM, Monday 18th January 2021
Maths - PM, Monday 18th January 2021
English Language - AM, Tuesday 19th January 2021
Child Development (external exam) - AM, Wednesday 13th January 2021
- Year 11 Mock Timings - Letter to parents 04/11/2020
- Letter to parents and students of Year 11 - 20th October 2020
- Year 11 Mock Timetable - November 2020
- Letter to parents & students of year 11 - 1st October 2020
JANUARY 2021 EXAMINATION SEASON – 6th January 2021 – 20th January 2021
- This season is for Y12 & Y13 AQA Technical & Vocational qualifications (TVQ Engineering), OCR Cambridge Technicals (Business, Media & Sport) & BTEC (Health & Social Care)
- The deadline date for retake entries is Thursday 15th October
- The results will be available on Thursday 4th March 2021.
- A Level mock examination dates are Tuesday 5th January - Friday 15th January 2021
SUMMER 2021 EXAMINATION SEASON – 14th May 2021 – 28th June 2021 (Provisional)
- This season is a available for students to take exams.
- CONTINGENCY DAY PERIOD – Last day of exams - 29th June 2021
- Students need to make sure that they are available until the 29th June 2021 to take exams. Exams may be re-arranged in the event of major local or national disruption to the summer 2021 exam season.
- The deadline date for retake entries is Date to be confirmed
- The results will be available on Date to be confirmed
Winterbourne Academy Exam Rules and Regulations
- JCQ (for comprehensive information about rules and regulations) - www.jcq.org.uk
- Information for Candidates - Privacy Notice - December 2018
- Information for Candidates - onscreen tests
- Information for Candidates - written exams
- Information for Candidates - NEA 18/19
- Information for Candidates - coursework 18/19
- JCQ Social Media Final 2018-19