Winterbourne Academy recognises its responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
We work together with other agencies to ensure effective arrangements are in place to identify, assess and support children who are suffering from harm.
Safeguarding our school community is of paramount importance. We ensure that all our staff are aware of, and have the skills to deal with, any child protection or safeguarding concerns. We have robust recruitment procedures and professional development programmes which ensure that all our staff uphold our strong ethos and values. All of our staff receive yearly updates as part of their child protection training.
If you have any concerns regarding the welfare or safeguarding of students please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Safeguarding Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01454 252000
Key School Contacts
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Janie Ashburner
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Miss Rebecca Burnett-Sully
Our Pastoral Team can also support you, their contacts details are as follows:
Year 7 - Mr Mills email@example.com
Year 8 - Mr Blackwell firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 9 - Miss Wood email@example.com
Year 10 - Miss Collett firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 11 - Mrs Webster - email@example.com
Student Support Assistants:
Year 7/8/9 - Mr Haskins firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 10/11 - Miss Ashton email@example.com
Post 16 - Mrs Moon firstname.lastname@example.org
They can also be reached using the main school number 01454 252000.
The Designated Trustee with responsibility for Child Protection is Dawn Kingscott- you can make contact via the Clerk to Governors at email@example.com.
South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Board
We follow the advice issued from the South Gloucestershire Safeguarding Board and their site has a range of useful information for parents and carers as well as numbers to contact if you have concerns about the safety and wellbeing of a child.
Please use the numbers below if you have concerns about a child and would like to speak to someone from the Access and Response Team directly:
01454 866000 ‐ Monday to Friday 9am ‐ 5pm
01454 615165 ‐ Out of hours and at weekends
You can view the Olympus Safeguarding Policy here.
- Safeguarding Newsletter - Term 1: 2020/21
- Keeping Children Safe in Education - Statutory Guidance for Schools and Colleges - September 2020
- Safeguarding Policy - October 2020
- Safeguarding Policy - COVID 19 Addendum - April 2020
- OAT Safeguarding Staff Handbook
- Suicide Prevention Day - student assembly September 2019
- https://student.kooth.com/index.html - free, safe and anonymous online support for students
- https://www.childnet.com/ for parental guidance and information regarding their children being safe online
- Lets Talk About LIfe Online - information resource
- Parents and Carers Resource Sheet